Saturday, May 25, 2013

Back to School





After two incredible years as a stay at home mom, I have decided it is time to return to the classroom! Being at home with my two boys has been such a gift! They will be attending the same preschool where I will be teaching. In the past two years at home, I have been working with children in my attic-turned-classroom. We have hosted several "Knee High Readers" book clubs with many friends. Our little at home classroom is one of our favorite rooms in the house.

After spending 7 years in the public school system teaching 1st and 2nd grade, I am thrilled for a new adventure in a private preschool!  I am so thankful to merge my passion for teaching with my love for the Lord! This will be the first time I can openly express my faith in school since I will now be in a private Christian school! My prayer is that God uses me to draw children closer to him while learning,exploring and having fun! So, while it is Memorial Day weekend and most teachers are probably not spending it planning for the next school year....this one cannot wait to get started!

Looking back at my second grade classroom, I am planning to use several of the classroom organizational themes that I used then, with my new classroom. Through the ITI (Integrated Thematic Instruction) brain research, I have come to realize how important the physical, emotional and academic environment is for successful student achievement. I look forward to piecing our new classroom environment together over the summer with the help of my incredible co-teacher, Mrs. Britton!

In the meantime, my super duper Erin Condren lesson planner arrived in the mail last week!

This planner is a teacher's dream! I love it! To learn more about Erin Condren products (I do not receive any kickbacks from referring people to this site, I just LOVE her products!)please visit her site here.



                        Until next time, 


                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment