Friday, July 6, 2012

Pete the Cat I Love My White Shoes


Dying the noodles for our necklaces was so easy thanks to a little tip I found through Pinterest. All you need is a little food coloring and some rubbing alcohol. I put about 8 drops of food coloring in a ziploc baggy with the noodles and then a splash of rubbing alcohol.


                       Then, I poured them out onto paper plates and let them dry over night.






                                                   Let's sort colors on the light table!
























 Sorting Water Beads by Color











Let's match colors and also the word to the color.  The box was a "grab box" where the kids could reach in and pull out an object and name the color of the object.  The color matching was another Pinterest inspired game!









Bingo Dot Painting - First initial




 As we read the story, Pete the Cat I love My White Shoes, each child had the colors that Pete steps in (Red, Blue, Brown and White). As we read those colors in the story, they held up their piece of construction paper that matched that color.





















                                           Everyone busy at their Color Workstations!




Retelling the story of Pete the Cat using our feet!














No comments:

Post a Comment